Course No. M080
Format: Online pdf (60 pages). Printed book available.
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS Self-Study
CPE Credit: 2 Hrs.
Field of Study: Taxes: Technical
Course expiration: You have one year from date of purchase to complete the course.
Course Revision Date: January 2023
* Basic protection concepts & fraudulent transfers
* Individual titles and sole proprietorship
* Limited liability companies
* Marital property & separate property
* Premarital & post-nuptial agreements
Upon completion of this Asset Protection CPE course you should:
1. Recognize misconceptions about and the main reasons for protecting assets, determine fraudulent transfers stating how to structure asset transfers so that they are not fraudulent, identify goals associated with undertaking asset protection measures, and specify how life insurance can be used as an asset protection vehicle.
2. Identify how the various types of entities relate to protection of assets and how the various types of joint ownership of property and various trusts directly impact protection of assets and tax liability.
3. Determine the concepts of common law property, community property, and equitable ownership specifying which states base distribution laws on those concepts, specify asset division principles, and recognize premarital and post-nuptial agreements and how they can be used to advise clients in individual protection of assets.
Excellent review of pros and cons of all options for asset protection.