Massachusetts CPE Requirements for CPAs
Massachusetts CPAs are required to complete 80 hours each biennial period.
License Renewal Date
CPE Reporting Period
7/1 to 6/30 biennially
Massachusetts Ethics CPE Requirement
- Four (4) hours of professional ethics.
- Ethics course is not required to be state specific.
MA Ethics Courses offered by JN CPE
- Instruction: The maximum credit allowed for instructors is 50% of total hours required.
- Published Materials: The maximum credit allowed for authored/published materials is 25% of the total hours required.
- Instruction: Credit for one hour of continuing education will be awarded for each presentation hour completed as an instructor or discussion leader. Two hours of credit for preparation time will be allowed for each presentation hour.
- Published Materials: The amount of credit so awarded will be determined by the Continuing Education Committee.
- Self-study: Programs which provide evidence of satisfactory completion may qualify, with the amount of credit to be determined by the Continuing Education Committee.
- University/College Credit: Academic credit courses are granted 15 CPE hours for each semester hour. Non-credit are granted one CPE hour for each classroom hour.
- Partial Credit: CPE credit is accepted in 0.2 or 0.5 increments. The minimum required credit hour amount is 0.2 hours.
Are JN CPE Courses accepted by the Massachusetts State Board?
Yes. The MA State Board accepts courses sponsored by entities registered with NASBA. JN CPE is a NASBA Registry QAS provider and our courses are accepted by State Boards of Accountancy nationwide. Our NASBA/QAS Self-
Massachusetts State Board of Accountancy Contact Information
Massachusetts State Board of Public Accountancy
1000 Washington St., Suite 710
Boston, MA 02118-6100
State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of CPE courses. Please contact your state board if you have any questions regarding the Massachusetts CPE requirements.