Key Performance Indicators and KPI Dashboards
This VIDEO COURSE covers:
- The benefits and roles of KPIs
- How to pick a set of metrics
- Setting targets
- The components of a KPI dashboard
- Pros and cons of using spreadsheets, data visualization software, or dashboard software
- Sample dashboards and metric displays
- The process of implementing KPIs
- Tips for managing with KPIs
- Pros and cons of using KPIs to set compensation
In a survey of businesses that used Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), 68% of respondents noticed a positive impact on their business development after implementing a KPI Framework. Further, 43% of respondents noted improvement, defined as being able to ‘objectively evaluate the level of results achievement. *
A KPI dashboard cuts through the clutter of numbers so a company can monitor the most important measures of its success. Business leaders can quickly see if they need to make changes or celebrate successes. Each KPI helps assess whether the business is achieving its business strategy.
KPIs improve a company’s performance by increasing:
- Speed of Feedback
The author, Rob Stephens, has developed KPIs and KPI dashboards for small entrepreneurs to a $2 billion company.
* From The State of Performance Improvement and Key Performance Indicator Practice Report by The KPI Institute.