Entrepreneurial Finance: Small Business Financial Management Basics
This VIDEO COURSE comes from recordings of an Entrepreneurial Finance class the author teaches to MBA students at a university. The class provides a financial overview of the entrepreneurial journey from startup to operational decisions to exit planning. You’ll hear from a business banker guest speaker who explains what lenders look at when deciding whether to make a loan to a small business.
- Why and how entrepreneurs start companies.
- Business structure selection
- Sources of cash
- Financial struggles of small businesses
- Small business cash flow management
- The financial components of a business plan
- Strategic planning
- Key small business financial metrics
- Pricing and profitability analysis
- Risk management
- Exit planning
The author, Rob Stephens, has been the CFO, SVP of Finance, or Director of Operations at multiple small and medium-sized companies.