Online pdf (70 pages). Printed book available.
Instructional Delivery Method:
General understanding of federal income taxation
: 2 hrs.
Field of Study:
You have one year from date of purchase to complete the course.
Course Revision Date:
* Apportionment of personal & business use
* Deduction limitations using the actual cost method
* Expensing – §179
* Predominate business use rule
* Auto leasing
* Standard mileage method
* Auto trade-in vs. sale
* Employer-provided automobile
* Nonpersonal use vehicle
* Reporting of an employer-provided automobile
Upon completion of this course you should:
- Recognize tax vehicle depreciation (§168) and expensing (§179) methods including their requirements and limitations under MACRS and recognize basis, business use, and deduction computations.
- Specify the predominate business use rule recognizing the result of less than 50% qualified business use, cite the pros and cons of auto leasing, and determine how to estimate monthly lease payments indicating what factors affect payments so clients may recognize leasing costs and know common leasing terms.
- Identify items included under the standard mileage method listing items that may be separately deducted, determine the taxable fringe benefit value of an employer-provided automobile using the general and special valuation methods and specify several qualified nonpersonal use vehicles stating what reporting standards apply.
I like this course because it is relevant to everyone! I would like to keep the book as a reference because it was so easy to read and understand. This course is so obviously needed I wish I had thought to write it myself! Great course!