This comprehensive mini-course examines and explains the practical aspects of business travel and entertainment deductions. To determine the expenses that taxpayers are able to deduct, fundamentals are reviewed and planning opportunities are identified. Practitioners will learn to master the proper administration of these complex and often cumbersome provisions.
* Transportation & travel distinguished
* Definition of “tax home”
* Temporary & indefinite assignments
* Business purpose requirement for business travel
* Convention & meetings
* Statutory exceptions of ordinary & necessary requirement
* Entertainment facilities
* Employee expense reimbursement & reporting
* Self-employed persons
Format: Online pdf (51 pages). Printed book available.
Prerequisites: General understanding of federal income taxation.
CPE Credit: 2 hrs.
Field of Study: Taxes
Course expiration: You have one year from date of purchase to complete the course.
Course Revision Date: January 2018